Data Analyst (Accounting)
Accounting Data Analyst
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Accounting Data Analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle data analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Will be responsible for developing analysis and reporting capabilities. Will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify reporting improvements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new report process improvement and opportunities.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics